Moira believes that jewellery should last a lifetime and beyond. In order for your jewellery to keep looking its best she recommends the following:
- Store your jewellery in a soft case or original packaging to keep it safe whilst you are not wearing it.
- To keep the silver and gold vermeil looking its best, polish with a soft silver cloth. If there is slight tarnishing then gently washing your jewellery with warm soapy water and a soft toothbrush and then pat dry with a soft, clean cloth should bring it up beautifully.
- Gemstones quite commonly can start looking dull if not kept gleaming. This is usually because they attract dust and other particles which gets caught in the setting. The best way to clean your gemstones (but not pearls) is to wash them gently in warm soapy water.
- Ideally, your jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off. Sprays, body lotions, perfumes etc can all damage your jewellery so please be cautious when using these products.
- If you find that your jewellery does get scratched (as jewellery can do) then we are happy to offer a polishing service free of charge in the first year of purchase. Please get in touch if you would like to find out more about this service.